ResTech's Peter Stepien is Chair of the Engineers Australia Newcastle Division Electrical Branch Committee. This committee support Continued Professional Development (CPD) activities through monthly presentations in person and online via webinar.
The 2018 program is outlined below (as at 16/05/2018)
- Feburary 14/02/18 - The Evolution of Ampcontrol: From Start Up to Success and Beyond Peter Cockbain, AM
- March 14/03/18 - Microsatellites Professor Andrew Dempster
- April 11/04/18 - Building a Wind Farm: The Australian Context Bruce Rummins
- May 9/05/18 - Construction of an Electric Vehicle: A Case Study Jon Eggenhuizen
- June 13/06/18 - High-Power Battery Charging James Kennedy
- July 11/07/18 - A Different Way of Looking at Our Power Systems Dr Terrence Summers
- August 8/08/18 - Alternative Generation Options in the Balance
- September 12/09/18 - Advanced Nuclear Reactors Tony Irwin
- October 10/10/18 - Power System Stability and Voltage Control Methods and Design of HVDC Links
- November 14/11/18 - Energy Storage: Opportunities and Challenges Beyond the Hype (incorporating AGM) Dr Glenn Platt
To find out more about an upcoming CPD session or to register, check out the Engineers Australia events page.